Below is a list of our community programs:
- Youth and Community Issues - RAP Group (Rap about perceptions,
problems, and plans to counter destructive tendencies).
- Drama and Music Group - developed by Angela Hankins (occupational therapist), with the support of Georgina Howell (drama and dance team leader). Drama and music are used to address community issues such as drug abuse,
anger, loss, hurt, neglect, peer pressure, and parenting.
- Performing Arts:
- Happy Kwanzaa Everybody - a project designed to encourage
students to integrate the seven principles of Kwanzaa into their
academic performance. Lesson plans are available to optimize use and
effectiveness of activities. Participants are encouraged to set
goals, analyze themselves, develop business plans and more!
- Rock the House- a school house celebration
- A Time to Shine - a school house celebration
- Our Story - MLK celebration, history programs
- African American Male Mentorship - developed by Angela
Hankins, this program is created
to provide opportunities for school aged males to interact with
educated, employed, ambitious African American males devoted to
facilitating changes in negative behaviors, violence and killing
among African American males. Music, sports activities, discussion groups and
written assignments are used to cultivate positive qualities in
- Donald L. Jackson - Advisory Co-chair
- Charles Beasley - Project Development Team Leader
- Guthrie P. Ramsey - Consultant